Lonely elders at Christmas

Jimmie Lu

I wanted to post and ask people to please remember there are elderly in nursing homes in your community who have no family. Personally I work as a volunteer chaplain at a local nursing home and know of at least 10 who will spend christmas alone with no gifts. It is my goal to see that these folks get something. I am not asking for donations but will not refuse any either. I am asking for you to give a call to your local nursing home and ask if there is a resident who has no one who would enjoy a handmade gift. I know we are all busy at christmas but please try. It will make the world of difference in someones life. Personally I am makeing the 35 sq gahn and am going to give it to a guy I know has no one. So please make a strangers holiday a little brighter.

It's true.I was amazed when my mother told me about her parish priest saying that the donated items were the only gifts that some of the nursing home residents received.I have made/donated almost 50 lapghans,30 slippers and 3 capes in the past 2 years.I will be starting back up again next year.

Archived