Need help with one of Dots patterns

Berniluvscrochet

Question

Hi

I need some help!! I am confused about Dots Ribbed Beret.

I have finished Round 24 and switching to the ribbing now. But I don't get it:think

On row 1 of ribbing, it says to ch 5, sc in 2nd ch from hook. sc in next 3 ch across. sl st in base of ch5, sl st in next st. Turn, DO NOT CH 1 (4sc)

Does this ever attach to the hat?? I wanted to hat for the weekend. It was such a easy hat!! Dog gone it!:blush

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Berni :D

5 answers to this question

ROW 1: ch 5, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next 3 ch across. sl st in base of ch 5, sl st in next st. Turn, DO NOT CH 1. (4 sc)

The part in red above is where it gets attached to the hat. That sl st goes into the st next to where you attached your ch5.

ROW 2: working in back loops only, sc in next 4 sts, ch 1, turn. (4 sc) This row is working away from the hat.

ROW 3: working in back loops only, sc in next 4 sts, sl st in next 2 sts of last round of hat body. Turn, DO NOT CH 1. (4 sc) This row is going back toward the hat and the part in red is where it gets attached again. You sl st in the next 2 sts this time.

Repeat rows 2 and 3 around last row of hat body.

Good answer! :hook You answered this better than I could have. Thank you.

ROW 1: ch 5, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next 3 ch across. sl st in base of ch 5, sl st in next st. Turn, DO NOT CH 1. (4 sc)

The part in red above is where it gets attached to the hat. That sl st goes into the st next to where you attached your ch5.

ROW 2: working in back loops only, sc in next 4 sts, ch 1, turn. (4 sc) This row is working away from the hat.

ROW 3: working in back loops only, sc in next 4 sts, sl st in next 2 sts of last round of hat body. Turn, DO NOT CH 1. (4 sc) This row is going back toward the hat and the part in red is where it gets attached again. You sl st in the next 2 sts this time.

Repeat rows 2 and 3 around last row of hat body.

Hey Bernie, I sent you an email, but Chrome Kitty's answer is much simpler than what I said. Let me know how you're doing. I want you to be able to finish this project. :hug

Thank you for responding. I will try that.

:) Berni

Archived