Has anyone seen...

allimac

those sew-in purse clasps made by Darice or Bucilla that you use to finish little coin purses or glasses cases? THey are about 3 by 3 1/2". THey are shown in the leaflet by Patons called Knit and Crochet Felting. So far I have only been able to find them online. I've looked at Michael's, AC Moore, JOann, and called several needlework shops in the Boston area to no avail. I hate to pay shipping but guess I will have to.:blush There are a lot of great gift ideas in the leaflet that don't take a lot of time, just a lot of sc-ing!:hook

I'm making the same coin purse! Actually, I'm making 5 for my friends for Christmas. I'm going to finish them when my frames come in. I too looked everywhere for these purse frames! I also didn't want to order mine online but after a savanger hunt around town I realized it was probably my only option. Below is a link to where I found them the cheapest. They're $4.75. I believe it is the exact same frame used in the picture. Atleast it looks like it is. The gold frame is the second item down and the silver frame is the fifth item down. I'm making mine a chocolate brown with a silver frame. I'll probably post some pics of them when they're done. Good luck!

http://www.victoriancottagetreasures.com/inventory.cgi/view/cat17/search/1/see/display/lot926

Kim.,

I can't wait to see how yours turn out, you'll probably receive your frames before me since I just ordered them yesterday. I have already made one coin purse and one glasses case in a soft pink, a zip pouch out of a maize, and the burgundy drawstring bag in the same burgundy because I had them on hand. I will make some more when my knitpicks order comes in! I have a couple in the wash right now, so I am anxious to see what they are going to look like. I bought some cool cord locks at Joann yesterday but couldn't find cord ends, I think they are neater than knots on the end! Good luck with your gift-making, keep me posted!

Archived