help with poncho pattern

gramhouse115

Question

Hi, everyone! I am hoping someone can help me put a 2 piece poncho together. It is 2 crocheted rectangles just like a lot of people on here have made or have patterns for. I just don't understand where to stitch it to make it go together!

SCARY, huh? Please help!!! Thanks so much

gramhouse

PS. Even looking at the diagram doesn't help?! I just don't get it. :think :think :think

3 answers to this question

Hi, everyone! I am hoping someone can help me put a 2 piece poncho together. It is 2 crocheted rectangles just like a lot of people on here have made or have patterns for. I just don't understand where to stitch it to make it go together!

SCARY, huh? Please help!!! Thanks so much

gramhouse

PS. Even looking at the diagram doesn't help?! I just don't get it. :think :think :think

Lion Brands pattern is awful simple and I've made this several times with no problem.

http://freecrochetpatterns.lionbrand.com/patterns/kbcl-funFurTrimmedPoncho.html

Hopefully I can explain it, though it is a little difficult without pictures.

If you lay one rectangle out so that the short end is towards you, then lay out the second rectangle beside it with the long side towards you. Put the short end of the lengthwise rectangle against the long edge of the widthwise rectangle. Sew those two edges together.

You will have an L-shaped piece now.

You will now join the other ends the same way. This is where explaining gets hard to understand, so please ask if you don't understand something.

The piece that you used the short edge on before, you will now use the long edge and vice versa. So match the short edge to the long edge and sew together. So each piece has been sewn short to long on either end.

Hope that was clear, let me know if you still don't understand and maybe I can do pictures or something.

My good friend cajunwhacko, came up with this graphic to help you understand.

poncho.jpg

Lay out your pieces and mark your pieces with different colored pieces of yarn as shown. Then join the red edges together and the blue edges together. Hope that this with the instructions I gave before and cajunwhacko's graphic help.

If not let me know and we will work it out.

Archived