Bougainvillea Top - FREE pattern

Hi everyone!

As you might or might not know, I am from Mexico and I have just recently returned from a two-month-long visit to my hometown after a TEN year absence! I know, ridiculous! One of the things I had forgotten about how much I love Mexico, other than the weather, are the colors, especially in nature!

Bougainvilleas are a symbol of passion and beauty and forever one of my favourite flowers since they remind me so much of my lovely Mexico. These intensely colourful flowers feel like home to me, so I wanted to design a top that felt like it too, flowerful yet incredibly comfortable.

The construction of the top is reminiscent of “huipils”, a typical Mexican garment that is usually adorned with embroidery around the neckline and hangs loose around the body with lots of positive ease. The top is constructed top-down, starting with the rectangular yoke and followed by the lacy body. The length is easily customizable for a perfect fit for you to dress yourself in flowers. 

GET THE PATTERN COMPLETELY FREE https://nomadstitches.com/blog/2022/08/12/bougainvillea-top-free-pattern

HAPPY MAKING! 

SANDRA 

X

20220804_094319 (1).jpg

20220804_103905.jpg

• Like 3