Kristoffersen BRENNA doily

Jubie

Question

Just started Patricia Kristoffersen’s Brenna Doily. I have a ring with 24 dc. Then, In Round 3: ch 1, BPslst around next dc, ch 4, (BPdc around next dc, ch 1) around, ch 1; join with slst in 3rd ch of beg ch-4. 
    My question is, when I BPslst around the next dc, it creates a larger bump than the BPdc used for the rest of the round. The next 2 rounds also begin with BPslst, so I have 3 large bumps in a row!!!

Any idea how to do this stitch without creating a bump?

1 answer to this question

Hi Jubie,

I tried to recreate your your directions to see if I get the bump you are describing.  I first did the bpslst around next dc, chained 4 did a few bpdc and didn't get the same bump you did. Then instead of doing a bpslst in the next dc,  I did it around the same dc you connected to when you finished row 2,  I did get a bump.  Thirdly, I ripped it back again and did a back post single crochet just to see if there was a bump created.  There was again a bit of a bump.  I know I have accidentally done a single crochet when I should have done a slip stitch at the end of a row when connecting to another.  Could either one of these scenarios be the problem?

I hope I have helped and not confused you.  Good luck with your doily, would love to see it when it gets completed.