joann's rainbow boucle help

zeeuzoon

Question

Hi there everybody,

I am trying to crochet a "baby it's cold outside sweater" with the rainbow boucle but find it extremely difficult to crochet. I cannot find the correct chain to insert the hook. Is there any easier way to deal with this yarn? Or will a bigger hook help? Thanks in advance

Carol

4 answers to this question

Boucle yarn is one of my favorites to work with and I must admit working into the beginning chain is a royal pain! I tend to only do boucle with a larger hook. I haven't made a sweater with this stuff but I know others have. Once you have worked the foundation row it'll go much better!

On a side note, the Rainbow Boucle from Jo-Anns is wonderful because the change in colors is so gradual that it really looks like you changed colors yourself. Everything comes out so pretty!

GOOD LUCK!

As long as I got the right number of stitches in the beginning ch, I didnt really even try to get it through the right part of the stitch. No one can see the detail of the stitches there anyway, I know that is probably a major no no but it was the only way I could make it work, and I always use it with patterns that you put the stitch in the chain space, like the granny stitch or vicki's (mythunderibrd) shawl in origional patterns.... And yes, useing a larger hook will help alot

I make my Who shrug with a boucle and drove me crazy. #$!)*$!$%$%^!@

I did the same thing, not worrying about where I was putting the stitch in the chain so long as I got the right number of stitches in the foundation row. If you do your slip knot at the beginning loose enough, just do a few extra chains than you're supposed to, do the foundation row and then undo the knot and pull out the extra chains, then tighten the knot. I know that's a total corchet no-no, but I've done it more than once when working with difficult yarns. :ohdear

Archived