Please help, I'm almost finished!

Peterpan

Question

Hello and thanks in advance for your help. I've never used a forum of any kind before, but I'm desperate to finish this project and I know there is a wealth of knowlegeable women out there. I've just finished a very simple, long chain five-net scarf made from Patons Brilliant, and the fringe has me baffled. It calls for a crocheted fringe. I'll list the directions below and maybe someone can translate them into english for me. Once I figure this out I'll be so close to completion.

Fringe: Row 1 *SC in next ch-5 lp, [ch31, sl st in 2nd ch from hook and in each of next 29 ch] I've got this above part down, a long string of crocheted fringe, back to the beginning of the scarf, but next is where I'm confused:

twice, insert hook from right to left and from front to back to front around post of last sc made and complete a sl st** ,ch 4; rep from * across,end last rep at **

I really like this site and hope I can visit more often and share my projects and learn from so many.

3 answers to this question

Once I figure this out I'll be so close to completion.

Fringe: Row 1 *SC in next ch-5 lp, [ch31, sl st in 2nd ch from hook and in each of next 29 ch] twice, I've got this above part down, a long string of crocheted fringe, back to the beginning of the scarf, but next is where I'm confused:

insert hook from right to left and from front to back to front around post of last sc made and complete a sl st** ,ch 4; rep from * across,end last rep at **

I really like this site and hope I can visit more often and share my projects and learn from so many.

Hi Peterpan, first of all, :welcome to Crochetville!

If you'll notice, in your quote above I made a slight alteration. I wasn't sure if you had noticed this or not, but the line of instruction you provided states to make that ch 31 looped fringe twice. Then we proceed to the next part. It is giving you instruction to execute a front-post slip stitch. I will assume you do not know what a front post stitch is, and apparently the pattern-write was making the same assumption as they wrote out the detailed steps required to execute it. Rather than placing your hook into the top of the loops of the previous row, you are inserting it alongside the body of the stitch, going from the front of your work, coming out the back and turning to come back through the front from behind the "post" or body of that stitch. You then yo and draw your loop all the way back through and complete your slip stitch. Does this make better sense?

I should be around for a little bit longer, in case you have questions on what I just said. Good luck with your project!

I'm so grateful that you caught there are two lines of fringe before the post stitch and that makes much better sense. I am going to attempt the post after I've finished the second line of fringe. It looks great! Thanks so much for your help.

Archived