Hello from the Rocky Mountains!

MariL

Hi I am Tanya, I live outside of Boston in Lexington.  I learned to crochet from my grandmother, who passed away about 9 years ago, I began to knit more, but I like crochet and I just picked up a started project from my daughter, but I am struggling right away with the beginning.  It is a 1995 Paton Ridge Stitch Cap, but the front post dc, two rows down instruction doesn't make sense to me.  I realized I have't crocheted in a long time and didn't have anyone to go to for help.  Many of the yarn stores around here have closed.  I found you when I was searching for answers online.  

Hello everyone, especially to Florida warm welcome Tampa Doll

I am not sure what row you are asking about, but I hate to say it, I am not very good with instructions.

If you post in  Crochet Help You will get all kinds of help.

So glad you have joined us.  There are a lot of friendly people here who are willing to help and encourage.  Check out the threads in Crochet-a-longs.  We love to talk and we love to see pictures in Show N Tell.

I am stuck on the 1st row (right side) I read 3 sc then a fpdc twice, 5 sc repeating to last 5 stitches, but then I have 4 dc in a row to end with 3 sc, I am also not sure where I should be 2 rows down.  I am open to any suggestions, am I counting wrong, working in the wrong stitch?  Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...