Help joining rounds

nittany168

Question

I'm working on something that seems to be escaping me:think The pattern im using starts out with ch3, 7hdc in first chain, join. ch2, 2hdc in each hdc around, join. ch 2 ect. Well for some reason my joining, instead of going straight up the piece is going sideways. I'm not gaining stitches but I must be starting out in the wrong stitch or ending in the wrong one. No matter how I start or end it still seems to go sideways. has anyone encountered anything like this, or know what I might be doing wrong?? I know I probably havent made this real clear :( . Thanks for any help.

Kathy

4 answers to this question

I've done the same thing. When you start the new round, the ch2 counts as the first hdc of the round, so when you are doing 2hdc in each hdc, you will do the first hdc in the same space as where you joined and did the ch 2.

I don't know if that made any sense. Maybe this will be clearer ~ ch3, 7hdc in first chain, join. Ch2 and hdc in same space as joining (it's kind of a tight squeeze), 2hdc in next hdc and each hdc around, join.

When you get to the end of the round, it will look like you're skipping the last stitch from the previous row, but you're really not. That's what messed me up when I was having the same problem. I was making a teddy bear & the stitch count came out right, but the joining stitches were going in a spiral around its body. When I did it as described above and fought the overwhelming urge to put a stitch in that last space, the joining stitches were straight. Good luck.

Archived