Help with a vest pattren.

Mic11

Question

Hello

im currently working on figurine. I am stuck on the pattern to make the vest of the suit. im not sure if its me or if the pattern is confusing. Im confused how there are 17 sts in the second row.

the pattern reads:

Row 1: using gray ch 16, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc 14 ch2, sl st in last st (15 sts) Turn work to work next row in the unused lops of row.

Row 2: sc4, inc, sc4, inc, ch 1 turn (17 sts)

Row 3: sc4, 2 dc, ch 1, tr, ch 1, dc, sc2, dc, ch 1, tr, ch1, 2 dc, sc4, sl st into each of the ch sts from end of row 1 (23sts)

IMG_5520.jpeg

1 answer to this question

Oh my, I was wondering what 'new' show he was on and...I guess it's been a long time since I saw the 1969 'Frosty the snowman'.  Krikey, I'm old.

Copying so I don't have to scroll:

Row 1: using gray ch 16, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc 14 ch2, sl st in last st (15 sts) Turn work to work next row in the unused lops of row.

Row 2: sc4, inc, sc4, inc, ch 1 turn (17 sts)

Row 3: sc4, 2 dc, ch 1, tr, ch 1, dc, sc2, dc, ch 1, tr, ch1, 2 dc, sc4, sl st into each of the ch sts from end of row 1 (23sts)

This question comes up a lot, you are working in a 'sort of' oval, like driving around a racetrack.  I think the chain will end up between the collar and the  body area.

I advise that you do not work into the back bump doing this, because of it's pulling tight tendencies. 

When you work into a chain 'not in the back bump', you usually work along 1 edge of the chain.  Here, you start that way as usual.

Then, you turn - not back to front but rather turn it 90 ° with the same side facing you - so the stitches you just work are on the underneath side of the chain now.  There should be 1 or 2 loops of the chain available for you to work, that you didn't use before - the unused loops -- use these loops to make row 2.

What I'm not 100% clear on is after row 2, when it says turn - it probably means turn in the normal way (back to front), or at least I'd think/hope it would have given more explanation at that point if it meant something else.

• Like 1