Change the color of a previously crocheted row

Cindy S

Question

I crocheted about 1/4 of a large detailed afghan.  I don't like one of the colors.  I hate to rip out all of the completed work.  I'm thinking about removing the offending color at the color change, re-doing the row in the prefered color and then I'm wondering if I can reattach the cut off piece.  I don't think a slip stitch would look good.  I'm thinking of using a method for joining squares that involves doing the stitch, removing hook and pulling through the next stitch that you are joining to.

Continue with 1 dc in the corner, take the hook from the loop, insert the hook from the front in the next stitch you made on the first square and pull loop through to the front.(plt join).

Has anyone done something like this before?  Any suggestions?

Cindy

1 answer to this question

Hi, you posted this somewhere else and a couple of us answered you...with an answer you won't like (easier to rip and re-do than do surgery to correct, at least the last time I looked which was yesterday)

If you look at the big pink C that is your 'avatar' here, if you click on that, you should be able to see that (at the moment) you have made 2 posts, one today and one yesterday--from there you should be able to your yesterday's post and responses .

Edited by Granny Square