Crochet throw help!

SamL

Question

Hey guys!

I am in desperate need of help with a throw I am attempting! The pattern is https://www.yarnspirations.com/gb/red-heart-top-o-the-mornin-throw/RHC0502-018501M.html

but the bit I am struggling with is the mesh row: 

Dc, ch 1) mesh row: The A-colored layer is now in front of the B-colored foundation, work over the top of the B slip sts and
into the A chains beneath as follows: ch 4 (counts as dc, ch 1 here and throughout), working in front of next A ch-1 space, dc
in next ch, ch 1, working behind next A ch-1 space, dc in next ch, *ch 1, working in front of next A ch-1 space, dc in next ch,
ch 1, working behind next A ch-1 space, dc in next ch; repeat from * across; drop loop from hook, turn—75 dc and 74 ch-1 spaces with B.

I just can’t seem to get it right ☹️

Please, please can someone help?!

Thank you so much in advance!!

Sam xx

Edited by SamL

1 answer to this question

How funny, your link must be to the UK site, it came up and said "American, eh?" and gave me a link to the US site.

Pretty pattern, it appears to be Interlocking sometimes called Mosaic Crochet (however mosaic crochet is a completely different technique 'sort of' copies the knit Mosaic technique of overlay sts but does not involve meshes).

I've only done Interlocking once and it is not difficult but hard to get your head around at first.  And the most mind bending part is starting the second color which 'intermeshes' with the first.  

One color is never connected to the other color, but it is interlocked.  You could finish a project and cut out 1 of the colors (would entail a lot of snipping) and leave the other color's mesh intact.  But you can't make 1 whole mesh (meaning a whole blanket's worth), and try to intertwine the other as you make it while keeping the second color yarn in 1 piece.  The reason is, while working a color 2 row, you go back and forth between making a leg of color 2 mesh in front of or behind each mesh of color 1 (and vice versa on the next pass).  Each row sort of looks like this TTTTT except the horizontal top line doesn't extend beyond the vertical lines .

I'm not the best one to explain this, but I suggest you look at one of Galik's youtubes for the general concept. It won't be the actual order of stitches for YOUR pattern, but it should help you grasp the general concept, which will help you understand what the directions are telling you to do.

The set up row is the 'hardest', once you get past that it's not too bad.

• Thanks 1