Baby blanket growing

Lilenigma

Question

I've added pics. At the bottom it measures 30in, at the top it measures 31.5in. (Width) It starts widening in the center up. I did count all rows. I still have more to do and am going to add border. I'm wondering if a border will fix or rip it out.

Thank you🌞

20210810_165801.jpg

20210810_165638.jpg

20210810_165621.jpg

3 answers to this question

I wouldn't rip.  Your stitches are nice and even and it does not look like you are adding and subtracting any stitches (we see +/- stitches in blankets a lot in the help section).

I think this will wet block out--as in wash or just get it wet, lay flat to dry and pat to shape.  This is so minor, if you had posted this and said "I'm proud of how nice and even my edges are" I'd have cheered you on.  

The only thing I am maybe seeing is the corners protruding just a tad. 

I think if you add a border and do the following it will help square it off a bit.  What I like to do in corners in the round is to make the middle stitch a chain if possible; example, turning a 90° corner in SC is usually 3 SC in the corner, but I do1 SC, ch1, 1 SC -- the chain is sort of like grading a seam (if you sew), in other words taking the bulk out of something so it lies flatter and turns corners sharper.  For DC, same idea but normally a corner is 5 DC, so I do 2 DC, ch1, 2DC.

Forgot to add, welcome to the 'ville!

Edited by Granny Square

You are definitely on the right track; it's hand-made, not die-cut!  

The chain in the corner is a subtle thing, and also an in-the-round thing.  The squaring off part works better as it builds up, if that makes sense.  Try 3 rounds of sc around with chain space corners and see how it goes.