HELP w/ instructions!

guamgirl

Question

I just started to crochet (this week) because I was confined to bed rest while pregnant with my second child. I am trying to make a blanket and can't understand these directions. Please help! The directions are as follows:

Ch 5, sc in ch-5 lp, * 3 dc in next sc, sc in next lp **, ch 5, sc in next lp; rep from * to last sc, end at **, ch 2, dc in last sc; turn

This pattern was marked beginner and I seem to be doing okay but I am stuck on Row 4! :)

Thanks for all your help.

2 answers to this question

Ch 5, sc in ch-5 lp, * 3 dc in next sc, sc in next lp **, ch 5, sc in next lp; rep from * to last sc, end at **, ch 2, dc in last sc; turn

This pattern was marked beginner and I seem to be doing okay but I am stuck on Row 4! :)

Thanks for all your help.

It is really difficult to understand what exactly they want you to repeat and when. Perhaps if you could post the row before it would help make this row clearer to me. If you would like you can email me, and I am more than happy to help you work out the pattern.

If I had to guess I would say that the pattern has multiple loops on the previous row and you work this pattern accordingly into the loops and sc, but without seeing the other row, it is really hard to guess. I haven't seen a pattern written this way before.

Archived