Help understanding pattern

mimikyutee

Question

Hi! I'm a beginner and am currently attempting to crochet a bralette but am having trouble understanding the highlighted section of the pattern. I don't understand what it's telling me to do, any help would be great! Thanks

CH16
Row 1 -
HDC in 3rd CH from hook and in every CH after.
Row 2 - CH2, turn. In same CH work HDC and in each CH until you get to the CH3 space at the top of this row. In this CH3 space, work 3 HDC. Continue HDC in every stitch after.

1 answer to this question

Welcome to the ville! 

I believe it is trying to tell you to work across the chain 'as usual', then turn around (not turn over, but keep the same side facing turn it 90° so the last stitch you made is now on the right side, not the left) and work back to the beginning using the underside of the chain. 

However, I am guessing as that's the only explanation I can think of for that poorly written instruction. Also if my guess is correct there is already a mistake in the pattern - if you HDC in the 3rd chain of a foundation chain, that would leave a 2 chain space, not a 3 chain space in the area to work into at the end of the second row, or second half of what appears to be a (sort of) n shaped 'half oval' piece (probably the underbust area).  The increase would be the top of the n to make the curve, the bottom edges is where you start and end. (ignore the little bump at the top of the n)

• Thanks 1