Pattern mistake?

SarahJ0802

Question

Hiya! I'm struggling with this pattern. Uploaded photo of the pattern picture. Second photo shows part of pattern for legs. It's telling me to change to contrast yarn but the picture doesn't show that and, although I am doing in more "lionlike" colours I still think it'd look a bit silly with brown upper legs?! Lol can't find anything about it online so thought I'd try here 😅

16194702376115963600553959229142.jpg

16194702602206830884677913890034.jpg

3 answers to this question

Patterns do have mistakes.  Then sometimes the designer envisions color changes and writes the pattern as such but their testers use different colors and their test piece may look the best and is the one chosen for the photo for the pattern.  I can see where another color could have been used for the bottom of the paws.  Do what looks best to you.

Thanks Brenda :) I could see using brown for the paws then beige for the legs. But this told me to start with the main colour which in my case is beige...I've done all beige and like it (even though looked at at the wrong angle, these legs could be mistaken for something completely different! 🤔) thanks so much for your answer!

The other thing and I cant exactly tell from the photo is maybe you are supposed to put a few rounds of the yarn used for the mane at the top of the front legs so the mane will be fuller but there are too many rows for that.

Edited by bgs