Need Help Deciphering V Unclear Instructions

kathrync

Question

I've done this patten before and sort of "made up" my own way around this row, but with subpar results which leads me to believe I'm not doing it correctly. I'm making this bag for a friend's birthday and would prefer to make it correctly because of this.

This is the pattern up until the round of confusion. You make a cabbage rose in rounds, and each petal is formed first as a chained loop, and then in the next  round you crochet sc hdc dc tc dc hdc sc into that chained loop to make the petal shape. 

Round 8 at the top left of the page is where I have no idea what to do next. At this point, the cabbage rose looks like this (round 7 has just been completed). The purpose of this next round (round 8) is to give you something to use when crocheting the identical cabbage roses together later to form a pouch. 

My confusion: this thing says to "from back side between every other loop made in rnd 7 sc onto the loops make in rnd 6." But there aren't any "loops" made in round 7? What does this mean? I have no clue. Any help is appreciated.

Edited by kathrync

6 answers to this question

38 minutes ago, kathrync said:

I've done this patten before and sort of "made up" my own way around this row, but with subpar results which leads me to believe I'm not doing it correctly. I'm making this bag for a friend's birthday and would prefer to make it correctly because of this.

This is the pattern up until the round of confusion. You make a cabbage rose in rounds, and each petal is formed first as a chained loop, and then in the next  round you crochet sc hdc dc tc dc hdc sc into that chained loop to make the petal shape. 

Round 8 at the top left of the page is where I have no idea what to do next. At this point, the cabbage rose looks like this (round 7 has just been completed). The purpose of this next round (round 😎 is to give you something to use when crocheting the identical cabbage roses together later to form a pouch. 

My confusion: this thing says to "from back side between every other loop made in rnd 7 sc onto the loops make in rnd 6." But there aren't any "loops" made in round 7? What does this mean? I have no clue. Any help is appreciated.

is there no picture of the finished item? cabbage roses are useally more compact. is your image showing round 8? are these cabbage motifs to all be joined together? Would you be able to send me the pattern to figure it out??

1 minute ago, Judyvt said:

is there no picture of the finished item? cabbage roses are useally more compact. is your image showing round 8? are these cabbage motifs to all be joined together? Would you be able to send me the pattern to figure it out??

Hi there! So the only pictures of the bag are the ones in this and this, which is also the entire pattern. You crochet two identical cabbage roses and then crochet them together (WS together). To prepare for this, round 8 involves adding a single crochet along rounds 6 and 7 but I never understand what they mean by their round 8 instructions. 

2 hours ago, kathrync said:

Hi there! So the only pictures of the bag are the ones in this and this, which is also the entire pattern. You crochet two identical cabbage roses and then crochet them together (WS together). To prepare for this, round 8 involves adding a single crochet along rounds 6 and 7 but I never understand what they mean by their round 8 instructions. 

They may want you to single crochet between every other 'stitch'  (made on round 7) that were added to the 'loops' made on round 6. Perhaps then you sew the two pcs together along the row 8 stitches. That is what it appears was done in the finished image of the bag.