Dreamy Throw

RosemaryC

Question

I am puzzled with this Dreamy Throw from red heart.  this is what it saids to do *ch 3, skip next 3 ch, sc in next 7 ch, ch 3, skip next 3 ch **, 5 dc in next ch; repeat from * to last ch, end at **, 5 dc in next ch; repeat from * to last ch, end at **. Round 2 just doesn't seem to match stitches from round 1.

Do I just repeat from * or do I include the 5 DC every time?

2 answers to this question

It says repeat from* to ** so that is what you do.  Sometimes its easier to understand if you rewrite out long hand and breaking down the steps.  Have you tried working it or are you just trying to visualize it?  I have found that instructions can look very confusing to me but it works out ok if I just focus on actually working it one step at a time.  I have also learned that quite often if the row I am working on is not working out correctly I made a mistake on the previous row.

*ch 3, skip next 3 ch, sc in next 7 ch, ch 3, skip next 3 ch **, 5 dc in next ch; repeat from * to last ch, end at **, 5 dc in next ch; repeat from * to last ch, end at **  

The above would look like this written out longhand.

ch 3, skip next 3 ch, sc in next 7 ch, ch 3, skip next 3 ch

5 dc in next ch

5 dc in next ch

3 hours ago, bgs said:

It says repeat from* to ** so that is what you do.  Sometimes its easier to understand if you rewrite out long hand and breaking down the steps.  Have you tried working it or are you just trying to visualize it?  I have found that instructions can look very confusing to me but it works out ok if I just focus on actually working it one step at a time.  I have also learned that quite often if the row I am working on is not working out correctly I made a mistake on the previous row.

*ch 3, skip next 3 ch, sc in next 7 ch, ch 3, skip next 3 ch **, 5 dc in next ch; repeat from * to last ch, end at **, 5 dc in next ch; repeat from * to last ch, end at **  

The above would look like this written out longhand.

5 dc in next ch

5 dc in next ch

Thank you so much Brenda you make it sound so easy.