Help with Ornament Pattern

lifeonathread

Question

Hello! I'm making a round crochet ornament and the pattern and the chart I received don't seem to be in an agreement, but I'm a novice and I may be reading them wrong? I'm on Row 4 which is starting the intricate pattern for my ornament. I'm also confused because the chart shows large blanks for the pattern so I'm not sure how to handle those areas.... ANY help would be appreciated!! 

Pattern states: 4.round: t-ch+1ch next 1DC 1ch, 1DC 1ch, 1DC 1ch,1DC 1ch, 1DC 1ch, 1DC 1ch, 1DC+ 4ch ,in next 3 arc of 2ch : 2DC 2ch 2 DC+4ch, fourth 8x1DC+1ch, next 3 2DC 2ch 2DC +4ch

Image of charge Row 4 with blanks. The chart:  https://gyazo.com/93f1bdc2823143683e39092659c285eb

2 answers to this question

Welcome to the 'ville!  I make a lot of doilies and much prefer stitch diagrams to written patterns.  I would also guess that if there is an error, it will more likely  be in the written pattern versus the diagram.  I'm typing this before counting stitches in the diagram or analyzing the written part, so I don't know if there's an error yet.

"Pattern states: 4.round: t-ch+1ch next 1DC 1ch, 1DC 1ch, 1DC 1ch,1DC 1ch, 1DC 1ch, 1DC 1ch, 1DC+ 4ch ,in next 3 arc of 2ch : 2DC 2ch 2 DC+4ch, fourth 8x1DC+1ch, next 3 2DC 2ch 2DC +4ch"  -  just re-pasting so I don't have to scroll back and forth, from now on I'm just looking at this and the diagram.

Written Row 3 ends, presumably, in a slip stitch into the first stitch of it's round, which is a turning chain up from row 2.  Row 4 chart starts with a turning chain (3 ch) up from that join, plus 1 chain, and then a DC + 1 chain into each DC of the shell in row 3 - so all told, counting the ch-3 turning chain as a dc, there's 9 dcs, each with a chain between them, into each of the 9 dcs (counting it's turning chain) of the shell in the row below, in the diagram.  I'm only counting 8 DCs (bolded) in the written pattern, so it looks like the diagram is correct in that spot, but the written pattern is not.

Turning to the next section I highlighted in red - I am not sure what it is trying to say.  I am going to assume that the pattern is symmetrical all the way around, in that it's alternating a V stitch (2 dc, ch2, 2dc) with a big shell thing going forward for at least the distance I can see in your partial diagram.

I hope this makes sense...also I assume there is a photo of the finished item, this should help guide you.

• Thanks 1