Heather

Allegro921

Question

I am doing an afghan with a lot of cables and puff stitches, and it says work every other row from left to right (so all the special stitches will be on the same side) but short of crocheting left handed (which is a definite non starter 😜) I can't figure out how to do it!  Help! 

4 answers to this question

Welcome to the 'ville!

It's common to do a row of stitches (like puffs) that pop out on the 'right' side, then turn and do do a plain row on the wrong side in the normal way (the 'between row' sort of helps the 3-D stitches 'settle in' better).  But I've never seen a pattern tell you to do that other-handedly.

Is the pattern a free one on the net so we can see it?  Or, what is the pattern name and source (magazine, book, site), seeing a pic at least might help.  Don't post the whole pattern here, that's not OK due to copyright laws.

If it were me, I'd make a swatch and try a few rows with the 'wrong side' row done in the normal way and see if you like how it looks.

The only thing I can think of that's worked a different way on the back side for your pattern (but not in a lefthanded way), is that for cables worked back and forth, the right side is front posts, the back side is back posts (so they all look like front posts on the front side), but that is just how you put the hook around the post, you're still otherwise working the rest of the stitch in the normal way and direction.

It is called Cornwall Gansey Afghan by Annie's Signature Designs and not free...  It doesn't allow any rows in between and I thought about the back post idea, but it specifically says front post on the stitches for that row...  I'm so confused... 

16044460634382368915037407741397.jpg

16044460634382368915037407741397.jpg