Looking for an easy Cardigan Pattern

jstaff

Question

Hello!

I am currently looking to expand my crochet abilities from scarves and hats into cardigans and such. I am looking for the easiest cardigan pattern out there that can help me complete my first one. I have lion brand wool ease thick and quick bonus bundles I would like to use for it.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

It seems to be a super-bulky yarn, in a 212 yard skein. 

So, looking at super bulky weight patterns...I am not seeing many patterns in that yarn weight for cardigans that look promising (many more choices in thinner yarn).  This one  says it's easy, and it sort-of is, but it's an odd construction (sleeve cuff to sleeve cuff) and the seam up the back seems unnecessary and probably uncomfortable.  I see why they did it with the seam for 'easy', however.  it takes 3 to 7 Caron Tea Cakes (204 yards per skein).

This one looks like it's a more traditional construction, and has a lot of in-process photos to see what it's supposed to look like at certain steps.  It takes 4 skeins Lion Brand Wool Ease thick and quick (106 yards per skein, non metallic).

Another one, it tells you the yards per skein. (it is also cuff to cuff, but no back seam)

The reason I'm mentioning the yards per skein is you need to figure out how much yardage you have of your yarn, and look total yardage needed for the pattern in your size -- you can't go by 'skein', as they are all different.  You want to make sure that you round UP when figuring how many skeins to buy, because you may need to break into that skein 'you shouldn't have needed', and if there's a dye lot involved, you are unlikely to match it if you try to find it later.  

Edited by Granny Square
  • Like 1

I managed to 'unravel' (ha) my problem with the Lion Brand Site sign-on, here is 1 more possibility - is for super bulky weight yarn but not your exact LB yarn, depending on your size it uses between 13 & 19 balls @ 91 yards per ball .  It is the most 'conventional' construction of my links, and also ranked easy.  If there are more of garments in your future, I'd recommend this one for skill development, as 95% of pullovers or cardigans are going to be much closer to this pattern, than cuff-to-cuff. 

Thank you!!! Numbers 2 and 4 look most appealing right now and look easy to follow so I will try one of those. Haha there may or may not be more garments in my future depending on how this one turns out!

Thanks for all your help!