Lost in translation

mlwalton13

Question

Greetings All,

So I started and unraveled and restarted and unraveled numerous times.  I bought the pattern from Etsy, and I already reached out to the seller, but still, there is something I'm not doing right.  So the first issue was UK crochet terms, versus US crochet terms, the next issue was translation (I have a working translation) the next issue is simply understanding the directions.  I am going to attach three files, one is the original pattern, one is the chart I used for translating crochet terms, and the third is the "work in progress" translation.  

I welcome advice, input, corrections, whatever anyone can offer.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Cheers,

Michelle

Beaded_spaghetti_tank_top.pdf British_to_American_Crochet_Terms.pdf Beaded_spaghetti_tank_top_translation.pdf

1 answer to this question

Hi Michelle--where exactly are you 'stuck'?  Why are you having to rip, are you coming out short of the stitch count?  Be specific--I'm just trying to narrow your issue down so I don't have to guess.  

I'm in the US, I read the original UK version because 'translating' uk/us is not an issue in spotting errors (meaning, errors are usually 'where to put a stitch' or 'how many' stitches).  I don't see anything that is obviously wrong, and it seems to be clearly written in conventional crochet 'grammar' .  I did not check the math tho.

I didn't line up the translation and the original side by side to compare them to see if the translation doesn't match stitch count-wise (have you?)