Stuck on a crochet pattern

knmeye01

Question

I've attached the pattern.  I'm stuck after row 31.  I reached out to the Etsy person who hasn't replied yet and it's been a couple days.  I really want to make the poncho so thought I'd reach out to see if anyone can explain what to do next.  So far I've completed up to Row 31.  The diagram is totally throwing me off.  It looks like there are 31 rows one way and 31 rows another way so I'm wondering do you do a separate crochet pattern with another 31 rows?  That doesn't seem right.  But from the diagram I have no idea where the beginning crochet stitch is, which would be helpful.  Or, maybe where it says in the diagram, "Start crocheting this way" it really means you are still going across, just not all the way across? I mean, to me, if you turn the work and start crocheting perpendicular, there is no double crochet to crochet into because you'd have to create a new chain.  

I think if the diagram pointed out where the beginning crochet stitch is and where the ending stitch is at Row 31, that would clear things up.  Any help is appreciated.  

3hour3dollarponcho.pdf

2 answers to this question

Hi, welcome to the Ville!

i looked at your attachment and will try to answer your question.  But please be aware that by posting the entire pattern, you are violating its copyright and the guidelines of crochetville.  It's ok to post a bit of a pattern to discuss it but not big chunks of it or the whole thing.  Only the person who holds the copyright can distribute the pattern.  

I'll be right back...

Ok so you are making an L shape .  You've completed one leg of the L.  Now you will work along the side of that piece to create the second leg of the L.    Just rotate the first piece so you can stitch down the side of it.  It's the same as starting a border on an afghan, you work back along the side edge.  

If you'd prefer, you could also fasten off on the first piece, then make another exactly like it, then sew the two together to create the L.