Help with pattern

vms352

Question

This is row 4 

Inc = 2dc in next dc

I joined in the new color

Check 3, DC in the next dc,

This is now what I am mixed up on wish patterns could just be stated in plain wording. [Inc, DC in next 3 DC, Inc, DC in next 2 DC] 6 times, Inc dcin the next 3 DC ,Inc; join-63 DC.

I am not sure if it's asking for first three to become six then next two single?. Please help

4 answers to this question

I'm going to guess your autocorrect turned 'chain' into 'check'.

The  part in brackets is not in standard crochet punctuation.  When you see something in brackets, per US standards it means to do all that stuff into 1 stitch; these instructions clearly are not into 1 stitch.  It looks like your pattern writer is using brackets for asterisks.  If it had said *Inc, DC in next 3 DC, Inc, DC in next 2 DC*, repeat from * to * 5 times more", it would have been a lot clearer.

Here's a site with handy info just FYI, I wish I could also pass this along to whoever wrote your pattern.  Books, magazines, yarn company patterns typically conform to these standards, self published patterns not so much. https://www.craftyarncouncil.com/standards.html

The 63 DC at the end is the number of stitches in that row, FYI as a sanity check.

Archived