Ribby Scoodie

Chatty

Materials

WW yarn such as RHSS. To be safe, 2 skeins, 6oz

Crochet hook size 7mm (this is between a K and L, so either of those would work too)

yarn needle

Gauge: Unimportant

Difficulty: Medium

Size: One

Instructions

Note: ch 1 at beg of rows does not count as a st

Ch 71, hdc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across.

Rows 2-30: Ch 1, turn. Working in the horizontal yarn below top of hdc, hdc in each hdc across. Note: the last hdc can be difficult to see. Count your sts periodically to make sure you always have the same number.

After Row 30, slst top of hoodie tog, using the inside lps of top of hdc. End off.

Scarf

Leaving a generous tail, ch 71. Like hoodie, hdc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. With right side of hoodie facing, hdc in each free lp of beg ch of hoodie. When you reach end of hoodie, YO and insert hook in last lp again and pull up a lp, YO and pull through one lp, YO and pull through all 3 lps. *YO and insert hook into middle of bottom of st and pull up a lp, YO and pull through one lp, YO and pull through 3 lps. Rep from * until you have 70 hdc. Now use yarn needle and tail of yarn to fasten first part of scarf to edge of hoodie before concealing it.

Continue on as you did for hoodie until scarf is as wide as you like. Do not end off

Sc around entire edge, making 3 sc in each corner. Join with a slst to first sc

Ch 4 and dc in same sp, *sk 2 sc, dc, ch 1, dc in next sc. Rep from * around, join with a slst to 3rd ch of beg ch-3. Make dc, ch 1, dc, ch 1, dc in each corner.

Note: I don't give a gauge because you can vary the size by using more or fewer chs in your beg chs and you can make more or fewer rows in your hoodie. It's all good as there's no stitch count. Also, I stashbusted on this one, so I'm not sure how much yarn I actually used. With the edging I think the scarf is about 5-1/2 to 6 inches wide. But you can make it as wide or as thin as you like.

Scoodie.jpg

Archived