Help w pattern

Jennie1031

Question

I’m making a dog sweater & it says: chain 36, sc in 2nd ch from hook & in each ch to end, work 10 sc across right front, 26 sc across back, 10 sc across left front and 35 sc across ch. fasten off. 

Im confused where it says work 10 sc across right front. Am I supposed to attach 10 sc to the top or side? If it’s to the top, how do I do that?

also it doesn’t say to fasten off before 10 sc across left front. But I assume I would fasten off after 26 sc across back?

4 answers to this question

Is this chain supposed to be a tie at the neck?  It sounds like you are making 1 side of the tie (36 chains), working across the whole top of the sweater (front, back, front), then another 36 for the other tie.  It also sounds like this tie and sc around the 3 pieces may also be connecting those three pieces at the same time.

Is this a free pattern you can link to?  Looking at the pattern pic might help.

Hi, I just answered your other question on your other thread!  It's a little confusing; I think it helps to keep questions for the same pattern on the same thread, because others may have the same questions and all the discussion will all be in one place.

Anyway, to answer the tie question - so after you chain 36, presuming you have the front, back, and front finished (which I'm not sure about based on your question in the other post), you insert the hook into the (looking at the diagram below) outside corner of the top front and complete a sc and continue across that piece, then the same across the other 2 pieces connecting them, then make 36 chains on the other side (out the bottom end of the diagram).

dog coat.jpg

Archived