How to Turn with a Round

Ashy251

Question

For the first time one of my patterns has called for turning in the piece. I am still finding my feet with crochet and haven't seen this before. Can anyone help explain how to me?

The pattern goes as follows:

Rnd 1: 2dc in each st to end (12 sts) 

Rnd 2: (1dc,2dc in next st) to end (18 sts)

Rnd 3: (2dc, 2dc in next st) to end (24ts)

The next follows in rows

Row 4: 6 dc, turn (6sts)

Row 5: (1ch, 1dc) in first st to end (6 sts)

Row 6: 1 ch. miss first st, 4dc, one sl st in last st (4sts) 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Again! :) 

4 answers to this question

this is a form of short row.  you have 24 sts in  round 3.  but in row 4 you will only stitch into 6 of the 24 stitches.  so make your 6 stitches, then stop.  turn the piece around so you can work back across those 6 stitches, in the other direction.  you also have to turn at the beginning of round 5 and 6.

tell us the name of the pattern and where it is located and we can give you more specific help.  

In the first 3 rounds you're doing a standard, flat circle. That's the part you know.

Once you have your circle, you're going to do what's called a short row. A short row is when you crochet into some of the stitches, but not all of them. It's going to create a little piece that sticks out of the circle. The word "row" means that you go back and forth, instead of around.

Row 4: Do 6 UK dc stitches. Stop. Turn the project over so that the stitches you did face away from you. The last stitch will now be under the first stitch of the next row.

Row 5: ch1, do 6 UK dc stitches in each of the 6 stitches in row 4. Turn the project over.

Row 6: ch1, miss the first stitch, do 4 UK dc stitches in the next 4 stitches in row 5, slip stitch in the last stitch. 

:waving @magiccrochetfan

Archived