C2c crochet teddy besr

chars17

Question

1 answer to this question

Since it's charted, and the chart looks like a bear--I'm afraid you must have made some color change errors along the way.  In the last pic it's evident that there are some blocks in the heart area that aren't colored correctly.  The left leg and foot look right (without counting blocks), but I think you've erred in some color changes around the heart (and maybe elsewhere-it's a little hard to see the contrast between the light blue and the variegated background).  I would go back and line up your chart with your blanket and carefully count/compare the blocks on the pattern with your blanket.

I've worked from a lot of charts, and what I've found works best for me is to clip a sheet of paper over the part of the pattern beyond the row I'm working on, so the pattern on my project matches the portion of the chart I can see, except the top row exposed on the pattern that I'm adding to what I've already done.  I used to put a ruler or paper under the chart row I was working on, so I couldn't see the relationship of what I'd already done, to what I needed to do - and I'd make errors occasionally without realizing it because I couldn't SEE that the mistake didn't line up with the existing part below.  Plus, it's easier to count by seeing what's below IMO.  Not that I still don't make errors, but covering the 'beyond' part of the pattern helped me catch errors a lot sooner.  

It's always a good idea to stop and 'admire' your work every couple of rows; I know sometimes we get into a zone and just 'go', but stopping and checking frequently avoids ripping 1 or 2 rows versus 10 or 20 sometimes.  Don't feel bad, I often don't take my own advice and have had ripped many rows, on many projects by not paying attention.

Archived