Help reading pattern

Totality

Question

Hello all,

Relatively new to amigurumi, however I made a few bits now, but am struggling with one pattern I purchased. It's by Kate Hancock (have asked her via FB for help) and it's a pattern of a cat, with the issues being the ears. So they are worked in an outer and inner ear in rows. I started with the outer ear but get stuck on row 5

Row 5 2dc in next sc dc in next 6 sts, 2 times. Continue 8 dc stsff across the edge of the row to make a round.

I really wish I could see this instruction in picture as getting what looks like a triangle with a random 8 chain hanging off.

I just wanted some pointy ears for a fox maybe it's to complicated but they are ideal for my fox.

Hope I've not gotten in trouble adding the row information, please note I have purchased this pattern via etsy.

TIA

t

7 answers to this question

Is this the etsy shop? https://www.etsy.com/shop/PatchworkMoose

If so, then looking on ravelry at projects, I saw this one http://www.ravelry.com/projects/shazzeth/charlie-the-kitten-2

The photos are clear, and looks like after making the pink part of ear and the tan part, you go across the bottom with tan, this would be stitching into side edges of the previous rows.

Welcome to Crochetville!

How did you get a chain 8?  There wasn't a chain in the instructions that you typed.  The only 8 I see is for 8 DC stitches across the edge of a row. 

That ravelry link that Kathy provided may really help.  It has 2 pics of the back of the cat and you can see the ears.

Try contacting the designer via ravelry.  She might respond to that.  Let her know that you purchased it via etsy, so she knows it's a legitimate customer.

Thanks guys,

Was thinking skills I had to wait weeks for a reply! So I think I've just been a plonka and over complicated it. I think I was meant to go around the pattern for the 8. Not just randomly have it hanging to the side, as usual I've over complicated it. Theven links were really helpful as that's the pattern and it hero's to see better pictures. Really appreciate the advice.

Kind regards

T

Thanks guys,

Was thinking skills I had to wait weeks for a reply! So I think I've just been a plonka and over complicated it. I think I was meant to go around the pattern for the 8. Not just randomly have it hanging to the side, as usual I've over complicated it. Theven links were really helpful as that's the pattern and it hero's to see better pictures. Really appreciate the advice.

Kind regards

T

Thanks guys,

Kind regards

T

Archived