Amigurumi Rudolph help

Cdesveaux

Question

This is my first attempt at crocheting and I'm a little confused about one step.

I started on the head, I made a magic ring at first and then was crocheting in a circle, increasing then decreasing so I'm at a circle of 9 sc now, with the head done starting on the neck. I am stuck on round 12 if anyone can explain it to me in other words. I don't understand how it goes from 14 sc plus ch 6 (so 20) in round 11 to 22 in round 12 without increasing or anything.

Rnd 11: ch6, working in the back ridges of the chains sc in 2nd ch from hook and in the next 4 ch, sc 9 (14 sc plus 6 ch)

Rnd 12: working in the unused loops of the chains, sc 5; work 3 sc in FLO of the last ch; sc 14 (22)

Rnd 13: sc 5, inc 3, sc 8, [inc, sc 2] twice (27)

It might be easier to post a picture of the instructions but I can't see how to post pictures here.

Sorry if my working is bad, I am just starting with crochet and don't know all the terms! Thanks so much!

3 answers to this question

Welcome to Crochetville!

Doing an amigurumi as your first crochet is very ambitious! 

You are increasing in round 12.  The 3 sc in the front loop only of the last chain increases the count by 2.  You'll be working both sides of the chain you made in round 11.  Here it is spelled out ...

• There are 2 loops that were unused underneath the 5 sc in the chain that you made in round 11.  Do an sc in each of those loops.  For 5 sc.
  • At the end of the chain make 3 sc in the front loop only all in the same stitch.  This brings you to the other side of the chain.
  • Sc in the next 14 stitches.  These are into the 14 sc you made in round 11, including the 5 sc on the top side of round 11's chain.

ETA:  You can post pictures here, but only ones that you own.  Posting a pic of the pattern is forbidden, because it is copyright material.  You did the right thing typing out the few rounds where you're confused.

Here's how to post a pic:

1. Start a new topic or click on Use Full Editor to get the Attach Files section under where you type.
  2. Click on Browse.
  3. Select your picture and click on Open.
  4. Click on Attach This File.
  5. Click in the area where you want the pic to be.
  6. Click on the Add to Post.

Its best not to  post the picture anyway as that is againist the rules.

You are increasing though. inc 3 means to do 2sc in each of the next 3 sc having 3 more sc and , [inc, sc 2] twice means to do 2sc in one sc and then a sc in each of nest 2 sc then do that again.

Rnd 11: ch6, working in the back ridges of the chains sc in 2nd ch from hook and in the next 4 ch, sc 9 (14 sc plus 6 ch)

You will sc in the 2nd ch from the hook and the next 4 chs giving you 5 sc  then sc in 9 sc giving you 14 sc

Rnd 12: working in the unused loops of the chains, sc 5; work 3 sc in FLO of the last ch; sc 14 (22)
you will do 5 sc in the back ridges of the chs giving you 5 sc and 3sc all in the FLO of the last ch giving you 8 sc, then sc in the next 14 sc giving you 22 sc  

Rnd 13: sc 5, inc 3, sc 8, [inc, sc 2] twice (27) 

sc in 5 sc then do 2sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc, 2sc in next sc giving you 11 sc, then sc in 8 sc, then you do 2 sc in next sc, do a sc in each of next 2 sc, then 2sc in next sc and  sc in each of the next 2 sc giving you the 27 sc.

Gee I lost my post then when I found it again I had to start over hope this works for you.

Archived