Need a help in motif pattern

arati

Question

Hi everyone,

I have found a beautiful doily pattern on freevintagecrochet.com site.

Here is the link for pattern:

http://freevintagecrochet.com/doily-patterns/pineapple-scroll-doily

I have started crocheting recently and my level is advanced beginner.

The motif pattern given here is not clear to me. I am confused at the second round. Can anyone help?

FIRST MOTIF . . . Starting at center, ch 16. Join with sl st to form ring. 1st rnd: Ch 3, 35 dc in ring. Join to top of ch-3. 2nd rnd: Ch 19, dc in 4th ch from hook, now, working over chain, make 4 dc, ch 4, sl st in 4th ch from hook (picot made), 11 dc, picot, 2 dc, half dc and 2 sc; * sl st in next 3 dc on Center, ch 16, sl st in center dc (between picots) on last spoke made, ch 3 and, working over ch-16, make 5 dc, picot, 11 dc, picot, 2 dc, half dc and 2 sc. Repeat from * until 11 spokes have been completed, sl st in next 3 dc on center, ch 16, sl st in center dc between picots on last spoke made, ch 3, working over ch-16 make 5 dc, picot and 6 dc, sl st at base of first dc on first spoke, then, working over remaining chain on last spoke, make 5 dc, picot, 2 dc, half dc, and 2 sc, sl st in next 2 dc and in top of ch-3. Break off. 3rd rnd:Attach thread to free picot on any spoke, sc in same place, * ch 15, sc in next picot. Repeat from * around. Join and break off.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Arati

5 answers to this question

Welcome to the Ville!

I can see why you are confused, this is a little complicated. The motif is like a wheel with spokes radiating from the center. Round two is making the spokes. You make the chain and then stitch into the chain to get back to the center.

Archived