Dreamforce dress skirt

TanyaHern

Question

http://www.thecountrywillows.com/the-willow-whispers-a-crochet-blog/crochet-isabella-dress-free-pattern-size-12-months

I'm making this dress for my 4 year old. The skirt is turning out to be very heavy and I'm hoping someone can help me reinforce the skirt so it won't keep weakening the yarn it hangs from. Her party is this weekend. I am having a long tutu made since the lady doing. It makes some amazing ones. I'm hoping the tutu will take some of the weight off the skirt itself.

3 answers to this question

When you say weakening, is it breaking or fraying the yarn, or just stretching? And what specific yarn did you use?

For stretching, maybe some sturdy ribbon sewn on the inside, right where the bodice and skirt meet.

When I have made dresses like this using V-stitches for little girls I use Caron Simply Soft or lighter weighted yarn -Baby Sport weight to avoid heavy skirt area issues...

This blue and gray dress is done in Caron Simply Soft and the Maroon one is done in Caron Acrylic Style (which is closer to say Red Heart) and it is heavier....

Another Tip I sometimes also have to down size hooks for the skirt area from say pattern calls for an H hook I will use a G to get tighter stitches as I know it will stretch

post-35509-0-00860500-1477339455_thumb.jpg

post-35509-0-27398300-1477339578_thumb.jpg

Archived