Stitch 11 Crochet Toddler Poncho

shortobagyi

Question

I am working on this pattern starting with the hood and working down. I am completely stumped after round 32 (Ch1, 1 SC onto the next 64 stitches, 2 SC into the next stitch). The pattern then says "Turn working up the side of the stitches (the neck of the hood). You will put 3 SC over each side of the next 3 DC, 2 SC over each side of the next 22 HDC. Put 3 SC over each side of the next 3 DC. 1 SC into the starting stitch. Join to first SC (129 stitches)." Could someone please explain this to me. I am very anxious to complete this for my first granddaughter.

Thank you

Sandra

1 answer to this question

Welcome to Crochetville!

Have you ever put a border around a finished project?  If yes, then you've crocheted sc stitches along the sides.  The pattern is having you do the same thing.  When it says "Turn" it really means, rotate the work 90 degrees.  It then wants you to evenly space sc stitches along the sides of the rows you previously made.  For each row of dc stitches, make 3 sc stitches in the side of the row.  For each row of hdc stitches, make 2 sc stitches in the side of the row.

Here's help on how to crochet into the side edges ...

http://www.crochetspot.com/crochet-finish-technique-crochet-evenly-around/

Archived