Nylon Crochet Thread Help

April Martin

Question

Can someone please help me out with some info. I have a pattern that my daughter wants me to make and it calls for La Espiga #9 crochet nylon. I have looked for the color she wants in that brand but can't find it. I have found the color in both Red Heart crochet nylon thread and Red Heart Sizzle but I don't know what size thread it would be in The SIzzle and Red Heart crochet Nylon. Can someone that knows anything about these crochet threads please help out. I really want to make this for her. Thank You

2 answers to this question

La Espiga #9  Ravelry classes this as sport weight, compares to crochet thread size 8 and no. 5 perle cotton, recommends US C or D hook

Red Heart Sizzle  Says size 2 thread, calls for US steel #1 or aluminum/plastic B hook

Red Heart crochet nylon  Classed as DK, calls for G hook

Are you in the US?  I'd look at Michaels or Joanns and search for a sport weight yarn.  What are you making?  The La Espiga looks like something I'd use to make a purse or a belt - something sturdy and stiff.

The recommended hooks aren't an absolute, but give you an idea if the other yarns are (probably) bigger or smaller than the one called for.

Archived