pattern help

Pippin72

Question

Hey guys I'm really new to crocheting so could really use some help on this pattern I'm trying out!

One of the rounds in the pattern says (11dc, work 2dc into next st), rep 3 times (52 sts)

I understand the really basic stuff but if someone can just explain exactly what that actually means, and where the 52 stitches at the end of the instruction come from haha!

Any help would be appreciated! :)

7 answers to this question

Welcome to the ville!

Do what is in the parentheses a total of four times. At end of the round you should have 52 stitches

Thanks I'll give that a read! So does it mean I have to do 11dc into one stitch from the round before?

Also does the work 2dc into next stitch mean I should alternate or do 11dc for one stitch 2dc for the next etc

Not sure why this is confusing me so much haha

you're welcome :-)

"11 dc" actually means:  "in each of the next 11 stitches, make 1 dc".   this is a kind of shorthand that is popular lately and I think it is needlessly confusing , personally.

"work 2 dc into next stitch" means to make 2 dc into that 12th stitch.  

does that help?

if you have more questions, tell us the name and location of the pattern, for reference.  

you're welcome :-)

"11 dc" actually means:  "in each of the next 11 stitches, make 1 dc".   this is a kind of shorthand that is popular lately and I think it is needlessly confusing , personally.

does that help?

if you have more questions, tell us the name and location of the pattern, for reference.

Ah yes thank you that makes it so much simpler! Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions!!

magiccrochetfan

I have to agree I hate the short hand it patterns that other people assume newbies and experienced people understand is a pain....I tend to re-write patterns all the time

Archived