Please Help

kyla

Question

Hello everyone

I am trying to make a cute panda bear for a friend of mine who is expecting her second child however the pattern of the panda I want to make isn't very informative and is sort of confusing. I am confused when it gets to the pattern of the head, The instructions for round 1& 2 don't seem to match up with the amount of stitches there should be once finished with round 2. I recently did a baby sully from monsters inc which required me to work round a chain which is what I thought this pattern was asking for. The pattern is originally in Vietnamese and the post is over a year old so I doubt I will get a response from the poster. Any help in figuring this out would be greatly appreciated.

Panda <3 i love Panda bear ????????????????????

Chain ( mũi móc xích)

X = Single Crochet ( mũi đơn )...

Panda <3 i love Panda bear ????????????????????

4 answers to this question

Well I think I figured it out, The term 3sctog doesn't mean decrease 3 to 1 it actually means do 3sc in one stitch. I think that makes the number of stitches add up right. Please chime in though if you have any alternative ideas to this possible dilemma

welcome to the ville!

3sctog SHOULD mean a 3 to 1 decrease, and the phrase "single with 3 legs" seems to bear that out.  but i can't say if that is or is not what the pattern means, because it is so very confusingly written.  i personally would steer clear of it for that reason.  also how many times has it been translated?  all kinds of errors could have been introduced with each translation.  

Thank you! Yes sc3tog should mean decrease fro 3 into one but maybe there was some confusion during translation. I am not sure how many times it has been translated. I think I have worked out all the hiccups and I have been rewriting the pattern correctly, or at least what I think is the correct way, in case i want to ever make it again. My friend has her heart set on this specific panda so I am working through the challenge, normally I would just find a different pattern but have been unable to find one that looks similar. I will post images when I'm done :)

We would love to but unfortunately I've had to remove the pattern instructions and link to due to copyright issues. It is copyright infringement (and against our forum policies) to post pattern instructions without permission of the copyright holder.

We can generally allow a link to where the designer/publisher has made the pattern available. But this particular link appears to be a translation of a translation, and is not the original source of the pattern. So I had to remove the link as well.

If you can find a link to the original pattern source, you're welcome to post that.

Archived