Jump to content

What is this pattern? Help

Recommended Posts

that is what is called block or brick stitch.  It can be worked in normal rows, or diagonally starting in a corner.  Do you know which way this was worked?  I can link directions but it is done slightly differently for each type.  


the piece in the photo seems to have been worked at a loose gauge, and/or it has stretched out over time.  it looks like the yarn may be cotton or linen.  Or if its acrylic it has kind of flattened over time, i think.    Mentioning that because to get the same look you may need a plant fiber yarn and a loose gauge.  

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now