Requesting testers for infant gown pattern

Raquel

Hi everyone. I'm working on some preemie patterns, a gown and a baby wrap (kimono). If you would like to test one or both, just let me know by replying to this post or email me directly at rlmontoydane@yahoo.com.

Here's photos (front and back) and pattern for Simple (I hope) Infant Gown. Kimono details in separate post.

Thanks!

:book Raquel

199a6e32.jpg

738073d1.jpg

Simple Infant Gown

designed by Raquel Montoya Dane

Materials:

Sportweight or fingering weight yarn

F and G hooks (or whatever size needed to obtain gauge)

2 small buttons (1/4" to 5/8" size)

Gauge:

4dc = 1" with smaller hook

Size (aproximate):

This pattern is for small preemie size.

Finished length from shoulder to hem is 10" and around chest is almost 11".

To fit chest size 9 1/2" or thereabouts.

Main gown:

Using smaller hook, Chain 39.

Row 1: Dc in third chain from hook; dc in next 4 chains; 3dc in next chain; dc in next 7 chains; 3 dc in next chain; dc in next 9 chains; 3 dc in next chain; dc in next 7 chains; 3dc in next chain; dc in next 5 chains. Chain 2, turn.

Row 2: dc in next 6 st; 3dc in next st; dc in next 9 st; 3 dc in next st; dc in next 11 st; 3 dc in next st; dc in next 9 st; 3dc in next st; dc in next 6 st. Chain 2, turn.

Row 3: dc in next 7 st; 3dc in next st; dc in next 11 st; 3 dc in next st; dc in next 13 st; 3 dc in next st; dc in next 11 st; 3dc in next st; dc in next 7 st. Join to beginning of this row with a slip stitch. Chain 2, turn.

Row 4: You will create two armholes in this row by skipping the stitches in between the 3dc clusters from the previous row. It may help you visualize this by folding what you have made so far and placing safety pins where you want to join the stitches to make the armholes. Dc in the first 8 stitches. Skip 15 stitches. 3dc in next stitch. (You should now have one armhole.) Continue dc in next 14 stitches. Skip 15 stitches. 3dc in next stitch. (You should now have two armholes). Dc in the last 7 stitches. Join to beginning of this row with a slip stitch. Chain 2, turn. (35 stitches, not counting turning chain.)

Note: At this point, you could experiment with a decorative stitch for the majority of the gown; just be sure that the decorative stitch is comparable in gauge to your gauge of dcs with the larger hook. If you need a certain multiple of stitches to make the decorative stitch work, put in some evenly spaced increases in row 4. You can then continue rows 5-20 in the decorative stitch.

Row 5: Switch to larger hook. Dc in each stitch around. Join to beginning of row with a slip stitch. Chain 2, turn.

Rows 6-20: Dc in each stitch around. Join to beginning of row with a slip stitch. Chain 2, turn.

Row 21: Switch to smaller hook. Front post double crochet in first stitch, back post double crochet in next stitch. Alternate front and back post stitches all the way around. Join to beginning of row with a slip stitch. Chain 2, turn.

Row 22: Repeat row 21 to create ribbing effect all the way around. Join to beginning of row with a slip stitch. Fasten off.

Neckband and button holes:

Using smaller hook, with wrong side facing you, join yarn at neck edge. Work dc evenly all the way around neck. Work sc down one side of the "V" opening in the back. Work sc up the other side of the "V", creating button loops where desired by chaining 5 (do not skip any stitches--the 5 chains become a button loop). Sc up to top of "V" and fasten off.

Longer sleeves (optional):

For long sleeves, use smaller hook. With wrong side facing you, join yarn near armpit.

Row 1: Dc all the way around sleeve to create 18 dc total. Join to beginning of row with a slip stitch. Chain 2, turn.

Row 2: *dc in next 4 stitches, then work 1 decrease in next 2 stiches*. Repeat around sleeve. (3 decreases total; 15 stitches).

Row 3: *dc in next 3 stitches, then work one decrease in next 2 stitches*. Repeat around sleeve. (3 decreases total; 12 stitches).

Row 4: Front post double crochet in first stitch, back post double crochet in next stitch. Alternate front and back post stitches all the way around. Join to beginning of row with a slip stitch. Fasten off.

Repeat for second sleeve.

Finishing:

Weave in all ends. Sew on button(s) where desired.

I will gladly test it for you and even try it on my preemie and send you pics!

Fabulous! Thank you. Just a warning, it's VERY small, for an itty bitty preemie...

Thanks again,

I have started on it. I am on row 20 of the body. All I had was WW yarn and Im using H and J hooks. So far so good.

Oh and It will fit so far.

I am hurryin up!

Fabulous! Thank you. Just a warning, it's VERY small, for an itty bitty preemie...

Thanks again,

Ok It fits :) How horrible is this? lol The wee one is over 5 months old!! I dont have pictures yet, but Ill get some shortly when the wee one wakes up. The only thing is when its on, it stretches a bit from the belly.

Ill post it into the Babies thread.

I did not do the fpdc/bpdc I just did a row of dcs and I made the sleeves 3 rows... About 21 sts starting in them. The pattern was fine tho

Archived