Need help with this blanky

adultbeginner

Question

I am making a lap blanket. It is a super easy pattern. So I feel like an idiot because I am stuck. There are 4 rows of chain 3 spaces. I am supposed to end up with 33 chain 3 spaces. But I keep ending up with 31.

[sNIP--Instructions removed for copyright reasons.]

While i understand the concept here, and have a picture of what it is supposed to look like ( and have crocheted it several times only to rip it out because it ends up crooked), i have no clue what i am doing wrong. I just cannot end up with 33 chain 3 spaces. And i have to do a v stitch in each chain 3 space, for 33 v stitches.

Any suggestions? I am quite sure i am making this WAY more complicated than it needs to be. I feel stupid for even posting this...

9 answers to this question

We love to help people who are having issues with patterns, but we have to do so in compliance with our forum policies and copyright law.

So that we can be sure not to run afoul with copyright infringement, our forum policies state that members can post the one line of instructions they need help with. Sometimes, if absolutely necessary, you can post the previous row of instructions.

Since the original post contained 4 rows of instructions, and I wasn't sure which ones adultbeginner actually needed, I edited the post to remove all 4 rows.

Adultbeginner, you are welcome to post one row of the instructions again.  But now that you've let us know which pattern you need help with, hopefully someone will have the book and will be able to offer you better assistance.

You could also try contacting Leisure Arts for help with the pattern, to see if they can provide pattern support.

Sorry, meant to include that info in my original post. It is from leisure arts, learn to crochet book (#5947) the "lacy lap robe"

Thanks!!

Googled and found this page with videos http://www.leisurearts.com/videos/5947-learn-to-crochet-now

Did you see that already?

How often did you count your stitches? Did you have the right number of ch3 spaces at any point?

What about the 33 v sts on row 1, and the 99dc on row 2? In other words, you need to figure out the last place where your count was right and go from there.

We love to help people who are having issues with patterns, but we have to do so in compliance with our forum policies and copyright law.

So that we can be sure not to run afoul with copyright infringement, our forum policies state that members can post the one line of instructions they need help with. Sometimes, if absolutely necessary, you can post the previous row of instructions.

Since the original post contained 4 rows of instructions, and I wasn't sure which ones adultbeginner actually needed, I edited the post to remove all 4 rows.

Adultbeginner, you are welcome to post one row of the instructions again.  But now that you've let us know which pattern you need help with, hopefully someone will have the book and will be able to offer you better assistance.

You could also try contacting Leisure Arts for help with the pattern, to see if they can provide pattern support.

Sorry about that. I really need help with how all four rows fit together. When i crochet per the pattern, they are very crooked and i do not end up with the correct number of stitches.

How often did you count your stitches? Did you have the right number of ch3 spaces at any point?

What about the 33 v sts on row 1, and the 99dc on row 2? In other words, you need to figure out the last place where your count was right and go from there.

I counted the stitches several times. I made sure that i had 33 v sts on row 1 and 99 dc on row 2. When i follow the pattern for row 3, i only end up with 32 ch3 spaces. If i were to work the last dc (pattern calls to leave unworked), then i would have 33. It just makes no sense to me!

You said your rows are crooked, so sounds like there is a problem somehow in the earlier rows. You can post a photo of what you have made through the 99 dc, maybe we can see what is going on.

If everything was good up to here, i woud say to just work in the last dc.

Did you go to the Leisure Arts site to see if there are errata for the book? Could be the pattern is wrong.

Archived