Sewing amigurumi without a tail

Andrew Hoffmann

Question

I am working on a medium-sized amigurumi stuffed animal: Yoshi

I don't like how I've sewed his head on. I made the neck too narrow so his head is flopping all over. I want to resew the head so the neck is more supportive, but I've already cut off the tail. 

Does anyone have any hints as to how I can resew the head on without having the long tail?

4 answers to this question

Whenever you have already finished off yarn tails, but you need to sew or crochet some more, just cut a new piece of yarn to use.

In your case, with the new piece, you'll be sewing all the way around the neck, so the new yarn tails can be knotted together then threaded inside to hide them before snipping.

When I had a flopping neck problem, I made a neck choker a few stitches high and very tight around, using single crochet. I didn't have to actually sew it to the doll. I just sewed the ends of the choker together after putting it around the doll neck. It worked great! I made this a little decorative with a small shell edging along the bottom edge, but you could leave it plain and make it in the doll skin color in order to blend in.

Archived