Baby Bloomer Pattern Assistance

Jayashiangel

Question

I am following this pattern from Ravelry

Row 5 – 13: (5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13)

Slip stitch to chain 1 center of ( ) set, chain 3, DC 1,chain 1, DC 2 to make beginning set of next row. Skip to next ( ) center & (2 DC, chain 1, 2 DC) all the way around, for a total of 21 ( ) sets.

On last row, Slip stitch to join last ( ) set with beginning ( ) & then center your bloomers, find the middle, do a slip stitch join, secure & break off yarn.

The Part in RED is where I am having issues previously you were joining at the Chain 3 am I to still join at the chain 3? and is the center the (join line created on the previous rows?) & where am I slip stitch joining the (front/back together)?? :think

Thanks as you can see making clothes is a first for me.. :think

3 answers to this question

I don't have too much time right now, and the pattern is confusingly written to  me, so I am not a whole lot of help---other than to say it's not you, it's the pattern! in my opinion.

But I also don't understand your question "am I to understand after you finish the last 2 DC not to the Chain 3?"

You should slip to the top of the ch3 that was the beginning of the first () set, if that is what you are asking.  

"center your bloomers" is a pretty inexact description to me, but i think you just need to count sts---or ( ) sets--and be sure you have equal # an either side of what you have decided is the center.  Hope that makes sense!  

Archived