Pattern help

HazelFlagg

Question

5 answers to this question

You're starting with the eyelet chain in the middle.  You work one end, then across to the other end, then on the other side of the eyelet chain back to the start.  It's like a long oval.  You'll be making stitches in the ring parts of the eyelet on both sides.  If you're unfamiliar with eyelet chains, I'm sure that there are video tutorials out there.

This looks like a good tutorial ...

http://bellacrochet.blogspot.com/2010/04/how-to-make-crocheted-eyelet-foundation.html

Note: The tutorial makes a ring out of the eyelet foundation chain.  You won't be doing that.  Also, you'll need chains of 10 & 8 between each eyelet.

That's very useful, thank you, but I'm still a bit confused... Should I start with the 9 ch round on the far left (but if I make 4 "petals" afterwards, I don't know how make the next 10 ch...)? Should I start with crocheting the whole "spine" of the work? Thank you so much.

What you're calling the "spine" is the eyelet foundation.  Don't make any "petals" until the foundation is complete.  Check out that link on how to make an eyelet foundation chain.  I think it will help.  If it doesn't, google "eyelet foundation chain" or just "eyelet chain."

There's a class at craftsy.com that I took that explains this exceptionally well.  It teaches all about different kinds of foundation stitches.  It's called "Mastering Foundation Stitches" by Marty Miller.  She's a wonderful teacher!

I have had to remove the scan of the pattern chart from the original post due to copyright issues.

Hazel, we'd love to help you, but we have to make sure we aren't running afoul of copyright law.

You're welcome to give a link to where the pattern has been made available by the designer/publisher, or if it was published in a book or magazine, give us information about which book or magazine. Then we'll be able to help you. :)

Archived