Need help understanding pattern

Erin Kuhnhenn

Question

I've been trying to make these slipper boots for a friend, but I'm struggling to make sense of the pattern. I do okay until I get to the "Instep" part. It says to crochet in the round, and to sc 11 stitches and then slip stitch to the first sc. That doesn't make any sense to me.

Admin Note from Amy: I had to remove the pattern PDF due to copyright issues. Although the publisher has chosen to make the pattern download available on their site, they have not given us permission to distribute the pattern here. Please go directly to the publisher's website if you'd like to get the free pattern:

http://www.smpcraft.com/free-projects/freebie-friday-cozy-crocheted-slipper-boots/

6 answers to this question

Hi Erin, welcome to the ville!

Your pdf seems to be a copy of pages from a book. The site guidelines ask us not to post things like that, as it violates the copyright of the publication. You can read more about the site guidelines under the Town Hall section.

If the pattern is free online somewhere you can link to the site/page it is on. Otherwise, just tell us the pattern name and the source....book or magazine title, online seller, or whatever. Then someone who has their own copy can look it up.

It is also ok to describe the general pattern and quote the problem line and the preceding line for context...ok to quote a small part of a pattern but not to post the whole thing (unless you are the copyright holder that is).

Well i stand corrected, I believe i found the link to the pattern on the publisher's site http://www.smpcraft.com/free-projects/freebie-friday-cozy-crocheted-slipper-boots/   the link to get the pattern is in red below the 2nd paragraph.    So in this case the pin was legit which is great!  

having read the pattern.....I can see why you are confused!   (and I love it that the book title is "simple"! haha)  this could really have used an illustration in my opinion.

Can you post a photo of what you have so far?  

Archived