Help with pattern for rose

segagirl

Question

Pattern says: Rnd 1: Ch 25, 3 dc in 4th ch from hook, and in each ch around, roll piece and join with sl st in 24th dc from hook. 

Rnd 2: [Ch 4m sk next 3 sts, sl st in next st] 5 times, ch 4, leaving rem sts unworked, join with sl st in base of first ch-4.

I understand the pattern just can't seem to get the, roll piece, part and continuing with pattern, very hard to see sts when the piece is rolled. This pattern is worked with size 10 crochet thread.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Purchase pattern: Annie's Attic, Baby Christening Sets #876524E. This is a crocheted pattern and a knitted pattern. Cover is blue with white crocheted set on front.

Would appreciate any help if you have pattern.

4 answers to this question

A picture tutorial for how to roll up a rose, not sure if this helps.

http://www.crochetspot.com/how-to-roll-up-a-crocheted-rose/

I just realized that, if I did the math right, you'd have 67 DC stitches after row 1, and you are joining at the 24th DC; so I presume you are only rolling the center third-ish of the rose.  (?)  Is there a way to mark the 24th stitch after row 1, don't roll it, and continue with round 2, then roll, connect at the 24th stitch, then attach the end in the turning chain?  I'm totally guessing as I've never made a rose this way.  

For me, Plan B might be to find a traditional Irish Rose pattern, which is 3-D but not turned, like these

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search#craft=crochet&view=captioned_thumbs&query=irish%20rose&availability=free&sort=best

Link to your pattern; too bad it's a little hard to see the rose.

https://www.e-patternscentral.com/detail.html?prod_id=7261

Thanks Granny Square,

I had seen the first site. On  Rnd 1 I did 3 in the 4th ch and 1 in each ch after. Maybe that's my problem. I read the pattern again and it seems it should be 3 dc in each ch. Thank you for pointing that out. I will keep working on it. I did try marking each dc that you sl st into. I used size 80 thread so it wouldn't be in the way but it was still confusing. Go figure. Probably just me! hehe

I will let you know how it comes out, that is if it does. I sure hope so.

Ah, that would make a big difference; the 3 DC in each stitch would ruffle, so I imagine if rolled up the edge would be more 'open' to access the stitches to row 2 (versus no ruffle).

That is a beautiful pattern, I love working with thread but #80, oh my goodness!  Good luck !

Granny Square

It did make a difference. I got it figured out. By the way, I am not using size 80 thread, used it to mark dc. I am using size 10. Hoping to having it finished tomorrow. Busy today, maybe pick it up in a few.

Thank you again for pointing out the # of dc. 

Archived