Help with a seahorse

yarn_monkey

Question

I need another set of eyes (or several) to look at this and make sure I'm not doing something wrong. And maybe if I'm really lucky a couple suggestions on getting it to work. 

I'm making this seahorse. My issue is in the body, starting at row 26 and basically through the end of the body. What I'm seeing is that I'm supposed to decrease twice on each row but at the end of each row, the final stitch count is only one less than the previous row... So basically my seahorse's tail is ending up stubby and straight, not at all curved.  :think

There are comments from other people having this problem but apparently the blog is no longer being monitored because i tried to comment and it basically bounced. And I've learned that just because someone else is having the same problem doesn't mean I'm right! Lol! 

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!!  :)

4 answers to this question

Looks to me like a mistake in the pattern. In rows 23-25 you had an increase and later a decrease, which will help make it curve. I think the later rounds should be like that too, instead of having two decreases.

Doing that would just keep the stitch count the same through the rows though right? And then I wouldn't get that subtle decrease to a point? My brain is fried on this pattern by this point so I could be wrong lol 

Archived