Closure for choker

Michelle Myers

Question

Hi,

I made this choker last weekend, and of course I just eyeballed it when I put the button on the back. The button ended up being slightly off center, and the choker is also a teeny bit looser than I'd like.

Does anyone have any clever ideas for alternate ways to fasten this choker? The pattern just called for a button loop, but it occurs to me that people have wildly different neck circumferences, and it would be nice to make this adjustable. I'm not crazy about the idea of tying it. Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Hi,

I made this choker last weekend, and of course I just eyeballed it when I put the button on the back. The button ended up being slightly off center, and the choker is also a teeny bit looser than I'd like.

Does anyone have any clever ideas for alternate ways to fasten this choker? The pattern just called for a button loop, but it occurs to me that people have wildly different neck circumferences, and it would be nice to make this adjustable. I'm not crazy about the idea of tying it. Thanks!

I had the same problem. I placed the button further along the neck band, and instead of the buttonhole being for the button, I basically used it as a buckle. Put the strip through the buttonhole and double it back, kind of like a belt. Then button it closed.

Does that make any sense? If not, I'll submit a pic.

:eekGorgeous!!!:eek

I made a black choker for my daughter ( not the same pattern as yours ), and sewed on black snaps for the closure.

You did a beautiful job on yours!:manyheart

I ... think so. You put the button and the button loop on the same side? I actually think that would work well...

I had the same problem. I placed the button further along the neck band, and instead of the buttonhole being for the button, I basically used it as a buckle. Put the strip through the buttonhole and double it back, kind of like a belt. Then button it closed.

Does that make any sense? If not, I'll submit a pic.

Archived