Blanket help

Clairel1818

Question

I've only recently started to crochet and have been trying to do a blanket for myself but the corners are further out than the edges so it's not forming the correct shape I pulled it back and started again but it's still happening . The corners roll over which I know is with it been too tight but I can't seem to get the blanket square any help would be amazing

10 answers to this question

Welcome to the ville!

Are you using a pattern? If so tell us the name and location of the pattern.

If you are making it up yourself, tell us more about what you are doing.

A clear photo where we can see the stitches would be a big help.

hey thank you for your reply , its just something I was trying do without a pattern to follow one my grandma made for me , so its just been a simple triple crotchet I think  then cn one on the corner aside from it not being square it looks the same as I want it to lol

post-73932-0-31611600-1421959671_thumb.jpg

post-73932-0-06657800-1421959648_thumb.jpg

You are increasing too much. I think in the corners you could just do two sts instead of four.

You are stitching in between the stitches, instead of into the top of the stitch which is the usual place, but otherwise this is like a "solid granny" pattern. If i can find a good pattern for that i will post, so you can maybe use that as a basis.

I think having the sts between sts somehow accelerates the increasing too, as there is an extra st before the corner.

thank you ! I will start to unpick it all back , I loved the colours of the wool I found it in a shop near me that has 50% off all stock and for ten balls it cost just under £10 its called lagoon  vision  by stylecraft ! thank you for your help I appreciate it . the last blanket I did was just stripes rather than going round , thank you again

http://www.crochetgeek.com/2009/08/crochet-solid-rectangle.html

Shows the setup for a solid granny. Notice how the corner increases work.

I think you are actually increasing by six or maybe eight in your corners, but four is the usual increase. Even at that, in a lrage granny, the corners can get very pronounced just because so many incs are stacked in one spot.

Also you said you thought your sts are too tight but i dont think that is the case, look just right to me.

Claire--remember--this pattern is made using the American stitches.  Therefore, our dc are your trebles!

I agree--your color choices are beautiful!

this pattern is made using the American stitches.  Therefore, our dc are your trebles!

It is true the names of the stitches are different in UK terminology vs. US, so for  the written part we do have to remember the term differences.  But the symbols are based on how the stitch is made, not the name of it.  So the symbol diagram that i linked is easily useable by anyone.  

Archived