Design Help

catmouse

Question

Hello Everyone,

I am in the proceed of making an afghan for my son's girlfriend.  I did some digging and bought a pattern that makes a small afghan with an applique guitar on it.  I am making the afghan bigger.  The background of the afghan is done in sc. 

My question is this:  would adding a design (like star stitch) to the background take away from the applique!

the pattern has a white square in the middle (done in sc) with a 3 st border around this and then a wide border around all.  The guitar is applique in the middle and musical notes are appliqued in the outside border.

I really like the star stitch and then it would add elogance to the afghan but I really dont want to take away from the applique.  I also think the afghan would go faster and be more appleaing than just the sc.

Any comments/suggestions gladly wanted.

Thanks

Mary

3 answers to this question

Depending on how much bigger you plan to make it , the applique may be too small. You could make more than one applique and scatter them around the afghan or make it larger by using a bigger hook. The star stitch would make a beautiful background and much more interesting to work on than just plain sc.

Thanks for your opinions and suggestion. I just needed to hear it from experts. I will be doing it in the star stitch and will post when done ... needed by end of february.

Thanks again.

Archived