Need Expert Help

sarah1892

Question

Hi all - I am hoping one of the experts on this forum will be able to assist me with deciphering the Snowflake Apron pattern from Red Heart

I have worked my way through  row  3 of the skirt. – row 4 is where I am stuck  - 

ROW 3:  Ch 5, dc in first sc (ch-5 and dc counts as V-st),* sc in next ch-2 space.  V-st in next sc, repeat from * across, turn. 

ROW 4:  (slip st, ch 1, sc) in first ch-2 space, *V-st in next sc, sc in next ch-2 space; repeat from * across; turn.

Problem 1 – following direction in row 3 there were no ch-2 created in this row.  Problem 2 there were no V-st instructions given  -  do I use the V-st instructions from the previous row?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

4 answers to this question

That is only for the beginning of the row. Three chs are the turning ch, two ch are the usual chs at top of v st, then you have the dc. Note it says acts as, not is. You cannot start a row with a dc, you have to do a ch three instead.

I have had to remove the PDF of the Red Heart pattern from the original post. It's copyright infringement and against our forum policies to upload a pattern to our site without permission  from the copyright holder. This applies even to free patterns.

Sarah, you're welcome to edit your first post and include a link to where the pattern can be found on the Red Heart website.

Archived